Our talented advising team supports undergraduate students with a focus on integrating academic, social, and career development. We help students plan the best academic path to accomplish their goals and aim to provide an environment that empowers students.
1084 Shennecossett Road
Branford House, Room 313
Groton, CT 06340
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Hours are subject to change during holidays.
Make an Appointment
Walk-ins are welcome. We will always do our best to accommodate you, but if you want to be guaranteed time with an advisor, please make an appointment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be proactive and ask questions.
- Identify your strengths, talents, and interests.
- Use your strengths, talents, and interests to engage in academic and co-curricular activities.
- Know and follow University, school/college, and major requirements.
- Explore curricular, co-curricular, and career resources at UConn.
- Review your Student Admin record regularly, especially:
- Academic Requirements
- Be prepared for advising appointments with a list of classes and questions.
- Support you in identifying your strengths, talents, and interests.
- Assist you in developing meaningful educational plans, including relevant experiential learning and co-curricular activities.
- Maintain knowledge of University, school/college, and major requirements. This may require consultation with the School/College Advising Center and/or the Registrar
- Be familiar with the University’s curricular, co-curricular, and career resources
- Be accessible on a regular basis, through office hours, email, or phone
- Maintain conﬁdentiality. Learn more about FERPA.