Avery Point’s Student Center serves as an important gateway and social hub for student activities, and features:
- New dining services facilities called “Mort’s,” (link to Dining Services page) named after Morton Plant, the original owner of the estate where Avery Point is located
- Student lounge spaces equipped with “soft seating” and flat panel televisions
- A game room equipped with a pool table and a ping-pong table
- An intimate performance venue
- Plenty of dining seating
- Three outdoor patios, including a roof-top terrace with sweeping views of Long Island Sound
Students enjoy listening to comedians and musicians, playing pool or ping pong, studying with friends, or just “hanging out” in the Student Center.
Our new Student Center is the “social hub” for the campus, where a number of programs are held each semester. Here are the programs that will be taking place in the Student Center this semester:
Please check back soon for programming.