Academic Services at the Avery Point campus develops and maintains an environment that promotes excellence in teaching and learning. Primary responsibilities include tutoring, undergraduate technology, faculty development, and curriculum coordination.
- Daniel Mercier, Director of Academic Services, 860-405-9057, ACD 317, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cynthia Bernardo, Academic Services, 860-405-9289, ACD 317, email@example.com
- Noreen Blaschik, Degree Programs Assistant, 860-405-9025, ACD 103D, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Troeger, Academic Center Program Assistant, 860-405-9201, ACD 107A, email@example.com
Avery Point Athletics
UConn Avery Point is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), an organization for two-year athletic programs. We sponsor three varsity athletic teams: men’s basketball, women’s basketball and baseball. We support our student athletes with personal counseling, and academic advising and support. Athletics also supports other campus student activities with use of our gym facility that includes a six-lane pool, basketball and volleyball courts, and an exercise and weight training room. The facility is also made available to the public for individual membership and community athletic leagues and activities.
The Director is the primary administrator of the Avery Point campus, providing governance and management for functions of academics, administration, budget, infrastructure, research, and outreach and public engagement programming.
Facilities Operations is responsible for the execution and coordination of services relating to the campus’ physical plant, grounds, and infrastructure, with the goal of providing an environment that promotes quality education in a safe setting. They handle day-to-day maintenance and custodial and general upkeep of facilities. This includes repairs to buildings and building systems, minor renovation projects, operation of utilities systems (water, heat, steam and sewage), sanitation and recycling, grounds keeping, snow removal and related activities.
Office of Campus Operations
The Office of Campus Operations is responsible for the following activities: campus budget development and oversight; procurement; management of the student financial system; human resources administration; auxiliary services management; information technology services and office support to the Campus Director’s Office.
- Janene Vandi, Director of Campus Operations, BH room 236, 860-405-9022, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Bond, Information Technology Services, ACD 302, 860-405-9186, email@example.com
- Holly Buckley, Administrative Services Specialist, BH room 303, 860-405-9117, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wendy Majcher, Campus Bursar, BH room 303, 860-405-9007, email@example.com
- Katherine Pollard, Branford House Manager, BH First Floor, 860-405-9072, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Services is responsible for course record management, classroom assignment, final exam scheduling, academic record creation and maintenance, student registration, and grade processing.
Student Services is responsible for all issues and concerns affecting students. This included advocacy and support, advising, student activities, admissions, off-campus housing, community service, disability services, career services, wellness programs and the waterfront program.
- Trudy Flanery, Director of Student Services, BH 306, 860-405-9024, Trudy.flanery@Uconn.edu
- Lyndsey Neville, Program Assistant, BH 306, 860-405-9024, Lyndsey.neville@Uconn.edu
- Laurie Saunders, Senior Admissions Officer, BH 316 860-405-9026, email@example.com
- Lisa Hastings, Welcome Center Coordinator, BH 119 860-405-9262, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Steenburg, Associate Director for Advising, BH 314A 860-405-9191, Nancy.email@example.com
- Noemi Maldonado Picardi, Associate Director for Advising, BH 312, 860-405-9219, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Randall Paterson, Associate Director for Student Activities, Student Center, 860-405-9014, Randall.email@example.com
- Prescott Littlefield, Waterfront Programs Manager, Community and Professional Building 860-405-9074, Prescott.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Volle, Career Services Program Director, BH 313, 860-486-8346, Robert.email@example.com
- Katie Halbruner, Disability Specialist, BH 313, 860-486-2020, firstname.lastname@example.org