University of Connecticut University of UC Title Fallback Connecticut

Student Employment

Academic Center group study WCdesk1Academic Center tutoring

There are two different types of student employment available at the University:

  • Federal Work-Study, which is awarded as part of a financial aid package; and
  • Student Labor, which is not part of a financial aid package.

Students must be enrolled full time to maintain eligibility for Work-Study. For those students who do not receive Federal Work-Study, the University offers student labor jobs. Students who want to obtain a student labor job must be enrolled for credit in a degree-seeking program.

There are great student employment opportunities on campus, notably at the Academic Center, the Art Gallery, the Library, Mort’s Cafe, and the Welcome Center.

Student labor jobs are posted prior to the start of the semester. For a list of student jobs, visit the Student Employment website.