Opened in the Fall of 2013, Avery Point’s new Student Center serves as an important gateway and social hub for student activities, and features
- New dining services facilities called “Mort’s,” named after Morton Plant, the original owner of the estate where Avery Point is located
- Student lounge spaces equipped with “soft seating” and flat panel televisions
- A Game Room equipped with a pool table and a ping pong table
- An intimate performance venue
- Plenty of dining seating
- Three outdoor patios, including a roof-top terrace with sweeping views of Long Island Sound
Students enjoy listening to comedians and musicians, playing pool or ping pong, studying with friends, or just “hanging out” in the Student Center.
For information on the use of the Student Center for events, contact Randall Paterson (860-405-9014, or Randall.Paterson@uconn.edu).