Course selection – Campus Change – FAQ – Forms – Majors – Contact
The Advising and Exploration Center at the Avery Point Campus services undergraduate students studying in a variety of degree programs. The integration of the social, academic and career development of the student is the central focus and drive behind the center. We pledge to help students in the following ways:
- Help students find their path through the educational process and beyond
- Guide students through a process to help them identify and assess their skills, values, and interest
- Empower students to be serious about their studies and responsible for their decisions and actions
- Educate students on the rules and regulations of the university
- Provide personalized academic advising to each student
- Develop partnerships with students in the advisor/advisee role
- Facilitate successful transition to the Storrs Campus
Who is my Advisor?
Before course registration for the upcoming semester begins, it is imperative that you meet with your academic advisor to go over the course selection process for the upcoming semester. Therefore, it is important to know who your advisor is in order to make an appointment with him/her. This information is located within the Student Administration System (PeopleSoft) website, go here for instructions on how to find your advisor.
If you have a Faculty Advisor
You are responsible for setting up an appointment regarding registration with your faculty advisor. You will not find most Avery Point Campus faculty advisors on ADVAPP. You need to contact them directly by phone or e-mail to set up your appointment. Contact information can be found at phonebook.uconn.edu. For a list of faculty advisors at Avery Point, visit this page.
Role of the Advisor
Role of the Advisee