Academic Services at the Avery Point campus develops and maintains an environment that promotes excellence in teaching and learning. Primary responsibilities include tutoring, undergraduate technology, faculty development, and curriculum coordination.
- Cynthia Bernardo, academic services, 860-405-9289, ACD 317, email@example.com
- Noreen Blaschik, degree programs assistant, 860-405-9025, ACD 103D, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dana Canastar, academic specialist, 860-405-9201, ACD 107A, email@example.com
- Deborah Macintosh, academic center coordinator, 860-405-9201, ACD 107A, firstname.lastname@example.org
Avery Point Athletics
UConn Avery Point is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), an organization for two-year athletic programs. We sponsor three varsity athletic teams: men’s basketball, women’s basketball and baseball. We support our student athletes with personal counseling, and academic advising and support. Athletics also supports other campus student activities with use of our gym facility that includes a six-lane pool, basketball and volleyball courts, and an exercise and weight training room. The facility is also made available to the public for individual membership and community athletic leagues and activities.
- Roger Bidwell, director, Building 19 room 102, 860-405-9184, email@example.com
The Director is the primary administrator of the Avery Point campus, providing governance and management for functions of academics, administration, budget, infrastructure, research, and outreach and public engagement programming.
- Annemarie Seifert, Ph.D., campus director, BH room 227, 860-405-9010, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janene Vandi, associate campus director, BH room 303, 860-405-9022, email@example.com
- Cathi Dunnack, administrative assistant, BH 227, 860-405-9048, firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities Operations is responsible for the execution and coordination of services relating to the campus’ physical plant, grounds, and infrastructure, with the goal of providing an environment that promotes quality education in a safe setting. They handle day-to-day maintenance and custodial and general upkeep of facilities. This includes repairs to buildings and building systems, minor renovation projects, operation of utilities systems (water, heat, steam and sewage), sanitation and recycling, grounds keeping, snow removal and related activities.
- Ben Roccapriore, facility manager, Building 7, 860-405-9199, email@example.com
Office of Campus Operations
The Office of Campus Operations is responsible for the following activities: campus budget development and oversight; procurement; management of the student financial system; human resources administration; auxiliary services management; information technology services and office support to the Campus Director’s Office.
- Janene Vandi, director of campus operations, BH room 303, 860-405-9022, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Bond, information technology services, ACD 302, 860-405-9186, email@example.com
- Holly Buckley, administrative services specialist, BH room 303, 860-405-9117, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katherine Pollard, branford house manager, BH First Floor, 860-405-9072, email@example.com
- Joyce Wood, bursar and administrative assistant, BH room 312, 860-405-9007, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Services is responsible for course record management, classroom assignment, final exam scheduling, academic record creation and maintenance, student registration, and grade processing.
- Jeanne Martin, director of registration services, BH room 315, 860-405-9017, email@example.com
- Maryann Pepin, registration services specialist, BH room 313, 860-405-9019, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Services unit covers all areas that impact a student’s life outside the classroom. It includes admissions/recruitment and readmission; orientation and student activities; the waterfront program; personal counseling; academic advising, performance, and policy and regulation; disability services; the campus change process; University withdrawal; scholastic standards and dismissal/probation; student conduct; first year experience; and other issues that impact students at the Avery Point campus.
- Trudy Flanery, director of student services, BH room 307, 860-405-9024, email@example.com
- Lisa Hastings, coordinator of community outreach program and off-campus housing, BH room 119, 860-405-9262, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Noemi Maldonado Picardi, advisor, BH room 314, 860-405-9219, email@example.com
- Lyndsey Neville, program assistant, BH room 306, 860-405-9026, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Randall Paterson, associate director of student activities, Student Center, 860-405-9014, email@example.com
- Laurie Saunders, associate director of admissions and recruitment, BH room 316, 860-405-9026, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Steenburg, associate director for academic advising, BH 314A, 860-405-9191, email@example.com